Additive Manufacturing Standards Forum
Leading experts from industry, standards development organizations, and government will address latest developments in AM standards.
The sudden COVID19 outbreak has increased collaboration among companies across the globe and this event will focus on the role of AM and standards to respond to the pandemic. Particularly in the early stages of the pandemic, AM companies and other stakeholders joined efforts by publicly sharing technical data to maximize supply chains and to overcome shortages of PPE and other medical supplies. The Forum experts will address how these collaborative efforts already have or, are likely to impact AM standards and technology.
4:30-4:40 p.m. (10:30-10:40 a.m. EST) Opening Statements
- John Fay, Commercial Counselor and Deputy Senior Commercial Officer, U.S. Commercial Service Germany and Central Europe Region, U.S. Embassy Berlin
- Gerhild Roth, Deputy Head of Division, Technology Transfer, Standardization, Patent Policy, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
Recent Developments in International Additive Manufacturing and Standards
An overview of the AM Standards landscape by standards stakeholders.
4:40-5:00 p.m. (10:40-11:00a.m. EST)
- US AM Standards Landscape
Dr. Brandon Ribic, America Makes/ NCDMM
- ISO Perspective AM Standards
Prof. Dr. Christian Seidel, Chairman ISO TC261
Discussion with Industry
Experts from a variety of industries will discuss opportunities and standards.
5:00-5:45 p.m. (11:00-11:45 a.m. EST)
- Industry/ Company Representatives
o Samantha Snabes, re:3D Inc
o Sylvia Monsheimer, Evonik Operations GmbH
o Dr. George Borlase, Underwriter Laboratories Inc.
o Sven Crull, Volkswagen AG